January 13, 2017

DIY Menu Board

Menu Planning is so important when feeding lots of people, healthy food on a budget.


This is a really simple menu board to write down the meals for each day.

    

I just painted an old frame we had black, cut a piece of white card stock to size and used some dollar store stickers to spell MENU and SMTWTFS for the days of the week.  We keep a dry erase marker to write on the glass, on the top for easy access and out of reach of Littles. 


The kids and I eat pretty much the same things for breakfast (granola and yogurt) and lunch (sandwiches, veggies and fruit) so I usually only write down what to make for supper.

I usually go grocery shopping on Thursday mornings (either in store or online) so I try to make sure my grocery list and menu plan are ready by Wednesday night.

I also do a lot of freezer cooking, so I just need to make sure I have those meals on hand and take them out to thaw in the fridge the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment