February 12, 2016

No More Spills At The Table

Kids + cups of water = spills.  It's just one of those things that's expected.  With 4 kids 6 and under, wiggling their arms around, we never made it through a meal without at least one spill.  Even with lightning fast reflexes, by the time someone picks up the tipped cup, everything is already wet.  This is how I stopped the spills.  



Waterbottles.  When they are tipped over, they don't make a mess.  A few drips might come out, but that's not a problem.  Each of my kids has their own stainless steel water bottle, in their favourite colour.  I also have a few plastic ones for their friends to use.  
 

I really like these Klean Kantine 18 oz bottles. They are durable, good size and nice colours. I didn't want anything with straws I'd have to clean or that the kids could chew. I was even able to buy a sippy lid for my baby's.

The rules are simple: water only and kitchen or living room only.  If the kids take them to their rooms or outside, they get lost or dirty.  They have a designated place on the kitchen counter so they can be found easy when it's time for a drink or to set the table.  


In addition to having no more spills, the kids are drinking more water, my 2 year old doesn't need help getting a drink and I'm doing less dishes (yay). 

No comments:

Post a Comment