February 13, 2015

Our Family's Daily Schedule

I've found that making a plan is vital to getting things done at home with the kids.  I don't particularly like our daily schedule (I'd love it if the kids were all on the same sleeping schedule) but it's the most successful these days.


7:00 am - Zachariah and Asher are usually up earlier but I let them play quietly in their room together while I read, do my devotions, shower and prepare for the day.  
8:00 am - breakfast time and family devotions
8:30 am - get Shiloh up and make his breakfast
9:00 am - morning activity: grocery shopping, play date with friends, errands, walk to the park, clean the house, church...
12:00 pm - lunch
1:00 pm - Shi goes down for his nap, Ash has quite time in his room, Zac does his schoolwork.  I usually sew or read while I oversee him.
2:00 pm - Zac and Ash play together in their room so I can have a rest.  
3:00 pm - I let all the boys watch one of their favourite shows (either Paw Patrol, Thomas And Friends or Busytown Mysteries) and eat 'snack mix' (dried fruit, pretzels, animal crackers, and nuts).   If Zac didn't finish his school work, he has to go complete it while the others watch tv, this is his motivation to get everything done in time.
4:00 pm - start making supper.  The kids usually like to 'help' cut veggies, load the dishwasher, set the table.  Sometimes they want to play outside or in the basement.  
4:30 pm - eat supper
5:00 pm - bath time and get ready for bed.
5:45 pm - Zac 'babysits' Shi while I read with Ash
6:00 pm - Ash's bedtime
7:00 pm - Zac's bedtime
9:00 pm - Shi's bedtime
9:01 pm - finally I can go to bed if the kids all stay asleep J

The arrangement might change a bit when Jason is home, or if we have other events that day.  And of course this all will change when we welcome our new baby to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment